Jaynes Your Way

Here are my thoughts about films, life, and what not. If you don't like them I'll give your money back.

Hand Animation

12 February, 2010

After years of being stuck with in the box, I have decided to try my hand at traditional animation. I'm re-reading through the fantastic book by Richard Williams "The Animator's Survival Kit." Great book that explains a lot about timing, which is applicable to traditional and computer animation.

My first exercise is a ball bounce. I didn't have a light box, but was able to find an Acme hole punch at NYU. I used it to punch some light weight paper, but it was hard to see through several layers of paper-- a light box would help immensely.

Hope to churn out some more in the next few weeks.


Ball bounce from Christopher Jaynes on Vimeo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home