Jaynes Your Way

Here are my thoughts about films, life, and what not. If you don't like them I'll give your money back.

Welcoming the coming decade

10 January, 2010

Not only is it a new year, but, more menacingly, a new decade. I tend to love and hate the month of January because, at least for me, it gives you time to envision a better version of yourself while simultaneously confronting the parts you are not so fond of. The passing of time make you confront your past self with the questions "what would I have done differently?" Many things apparently.

This year has been a little different for me, causing alot of pondering. Not only has a year passed, but a whole decade. 10 years! I've had two whole decades to do something and what is it?

With the past decade I was a Freshmen in high school with no drivers lisence. Now I am married an living in NY. It doesn't seem that long ago but I have done many things to be proud of and many things to regre. This year Carla and I actually made a list together of how we want to act in the 10's. I'll be sharing some of them along the way, but the first is: 1) smile at someone you don't know every day.

I have enjoyed this one very much, and makes my day more than I think it makes other people's day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home