Jaynes Your Way

Here are my thoughts about films, life, and what not. If you don't like them I'll give your money back.

How much?!?

27 October, 2009




I have an idea for a project that involves a lot of Legos. Since I no longer own any of mine, I thought it would be fairly easy to order them in bulk because I only need white/black/grey bricks. Luckily, Lego sells them on their website so you don't have to buy a bunch of sets and plunder them. You can literally pick which block you need out of the 4,000 or so different sizes, shapes, and colors. Lego's Pick a Brick site would be any grown kid's dream. When I first got on the site my imagination immediately began running wild with the possibility of creating anything I wanted. Lego desk? I guess that would make writing hard, but still.

I started clicking away, adding what I needed to my cyber-cart, but once I had all my blocks I adjusted the quantity, which is when things got crazy.

I didn't think much of it when one 2X4 brick cost 26 cents, until I needed five thousand of them--$1,300. No discount for ordering that many? No sliding scale for the more I purchase? Buy one get one free? No by the pound option? Times are tough, Lego.

I didn't even have the heart to calculate shipping.

My inner child officially died last night. Thanks Lego.

I have two options. Search through ebay auctions and get used Legos or (this was Carla's idea) start babysitting and pinch a few blocks every time I am there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home